About the company
CHRIŠTOF, spol. s r. o. is the largest laundry company in the Czech Republic.
Our family firm celebrated its 110th anniversary this year. Our laundry service and clothing/linen rentals are used by healthcare organisations (hospitals, private clinics, rehabilitation centres, dialysis centres), accommodation facilities (hotel, pensions), wellness centres and organisation in the field of social services (retirement homes, assisted living facilities), etc.
Our two strategically located facilities in Brno and Štětí allow us to serve clients throughout the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Austria.
We have nearly 400 employees who ensure the problem-free provision of offered services. As customer satisfaction and service quality are key aspects on today’s market, we take a proactive approach to our clients and to fast and reliable customer service.
Both of our facilities are equipped with modern technology for washing healthcare, hotel and client laundry. The laundry process is almost fully automated, thus increasing its speed and quality. We wash laundry on several continual washing lines (washing machines) with a capacity of 8−145 kg. Washing is followed by drying and ironing on modern lines for these operations. Staff and patient laundry is processed on a ‘finisher’, the hot stream of air from which perfectly dries and flattens laundry.
We process over 60 tonnes of laundry every day and ship more than 2 million pieces of rented clothing/linens each month.
- 1898 - The company is founded by the grandparents of the current owners. The original focus of the company was tanning and dyeing leather and furs and dyeing textiles
- 1930 - The company expands its activities to include cleaning clothing in technical benzene. The cleaning facility gradually acquires new machines and space and subsequently expands activities to include washing laundry. The company becomes one of the largest of its kind in Moravia
- 1948 - The company with 250 employees is nationalised and its owners are politically persecuted
- 1991 - After the regime change, Jan Chrištof, the grandson of the founders, files a request for the return of the nationalised company. He takes out loan to purchase from the state real estate and equipment acquired during the time the company was a state enterprise; in 1991, he establishes CHRIŠTOF, spol. s r. o. with his sister Jitka Bártová
- 2001 - The company earns ČSN EN ISO 9001 certification
- 2003 - CHRIŠTOF buys a majority share in a competing laundry company in Brno, PRAKOM Brno, a.s., which CHRIŠTOF gradually modernises
- 2004 - The company earns ČSN EN ISO 14001 environmental management certification
- 2009 - The company earns ČSN EN RABC 14065:2003 certification for its bio-contamination control system.
- 2009 - In connection with an increasing number of contracts from Bohemia, especially Prague, the company purchases the laundry facility in Štětí on 1 July 2009, expanding company operations throughout the country and abroad and making CHRIŠTOF the largest and most modern laundry company in the Czech Republic.
- 2010 - After a detailed analysis of the situation, CHRIŠTOF makes the strategic decision to abandon comprehensive service and rentals of work clothing and no longer provides this service.
- 2011 - CHRIŠTOF, spol. s r.o. merges with PRAKOM Brno, a.s.
- 2013 - Streamlining measures lead to the closing of the laundry facility in Vyškov the autumn of 2013. The processing of orders is shifted to the Brno branch.
- 2015 - CHRIŠTOF meets the requirements of the Act on Protection against Infection (6/11) for handling laundry from healthcare facilities and is awarded the RAL-GZ 992/1 certificate, the RAL-GZ 992/2 certificate for the Professional Treatment of Laundry from Healthcare Facilities and the RAL-GZ 992/4 certificate for the Professional Treatment of Laundry from Social Care Facilities. CHRIŠTOF, spol. s r.o. earns and realises orders for laundry in Slovakia and Austria.
- 2017 - The company earned ČSN EN ISO 50001 certification – energy management systems.
- 2018 - The company celebrates its 110 anniversary.
All CHRIŠTOF business activities are carried out with consideration for the environment. One of the basic priorities of the company is to protect the environment while maintaining the quality of all offered types of services to clients and to continuously improve in these trends.
The company respects, observes and promotes Czech environmental legislation, regularly assesses its environmental impact and takes preventative measures to ensure safe and reliable operations.
We protect the environment by using ecological detergents, energy-saving equipment, by reducing packaging and recycling waste.
Company vision and goals
The company’s strategic goal is to be a leading company in the field of washing and renting clothing/linens on the Czech market and the EU market.
To achieve this goal, the company with continuously develop and modernise to provide high quality services.
The main criteria for evaluating the fulfilment of strategic and long-term goals are:
- The satisfaction of customers with our services;
- Employee satisfaction;
- Positive company cash flow;
- Certification of new management systems and the renewal of existing certifications
We trust that our company will fulfil these criteria and will strengthen its position on the market for textile rentals and maintenance.
CHRIŠTOF is the holder of several ČSN EN certifications, industry specifications of the Textile Test Institute, and RAL certificates, which the company renews without problems. All of the company’s processes are under the permanent supervision of the Textile Test Institute.
- ČSN EN ISO 9001:2009 – Quality management system
- ČSN EN ISO 14001:2005 – Environmental management system
- ČSN EN 14065:2003 – RABC bio-contamination control system
- ČSN EN ISO 50001 – Energy management systems
Professional specification certification issued by the Textile Test Institute:
- OS 80-01 Washing – professional treatment of laundry from healthcare and social care facilities
- OS 80-02 Washing – professional treatment of laundry from healthcare and social care facilities
- OS 80-03 Washing – professional treatment of hotel laundry
RAL quality certificates:
- RAL-GZ 992/1 – laundry in accommodation facilities, restaurants and households
- RAL-GZ 992/2 – professional treatment of laundry from healthcare facilities
- RAL-GZ 992/4 – professional treatment of laundry from social care facilities